David Letterman in the Late Show ranked the "Top Ten Other Observations Made by Saddam Hussein's Daughter."
Here's our contribution: "Top Ten Reasons Why the German Media Think Saddam Should be Spared the Death Penalty"
10. "Saddam's not a saint, but he was on his way to becoming one"
9. "There was no quagmire in Iraq under Saddam"
8. "The guy didn't kill any Americans when they found him"
7. "Compared to Bush or Sharon, Saddam doesn't look so bad"
6. "As former top customer of Germany's industry Saddam deserves to be given red carpet treatment"
5. "Saddam would have never shut out German companies from orders"
4. "Capital punishment would be too harsh a penalty for a guy who couldn't harm a fly"
3. "He´s lost close relatives in recent weeks"
2. "In the future, Saddam promises to kill only in exceptional cases, like when people spit at his
picture or listen to foreign radio stations"
1. "His poll numbers in Iraq are better than Schroeder's in Germany"
Update: Henry M. Broder has kindly copied our "Top Ten Reasons..." to his site.